Friday, September 5, 2014

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of my new students and their families to 2-Wells.  I assure you this will be a fun and exciting year.  We had a really great morning with a few fun acitivities and a lot of information. I'm betting that some of the students were ready for a well deserved nap after our first day.

I look forward to meeting all of the students families on Back to School night on Thursday, October 3rd. At that time you will be able to get a glimpse of the classroom and learn about what the students will be doing throughout the year.

Here is preview of the classroom:






Today we read my favorite book for the first day of school called First Day Jitters.

We discussed what things make us nervous about coming to school today.  The students shared their thoughts on what they thought their teacher would be like, too.  To try to get the jitters out, we had some jitter juice.

Then we discussed class rules and consequences.  The class together developed our class rules.  They are:

1.  RESPECT your class and your teacher.
2.  Raise your hand.
3.  Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself.
4.  Listen and follow directions.
5.  Try your best.
6.  Keep the classroom clean.

All of the students signed the poster and pledged to follow the rules.  We talked about our monkey tree and how all of the monkey want to stay in the "green" leaves.  I will explain at back to school in more detail.

Lastly, the students did a "I'm a Super Second Grader" poster.  These gave me some information and helped me to get to know the students a little better.

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend and I'm looking forward to our first full week of school.