Friday, June 21, 2013

Goodbye...

It is that sad time of the year when we must say goodbye...  It has been a fun and exciting year, but the students must move on. 

This week started off with our Fun/Field Day.  The children got to make fun projects, play with a parachute, hula hoops and inflatables that were provided by our Home and School Association.  Thank you to the parent volunteers that helped with that part of our day.  We also had our annual field events.  Our favorite is the milking the cow station...you may not believe this but I actually got my hair wet when participating with this event.  Thanks to Mrs. Cuzzupe as always for putting together these events.  We always have a great time and it is so nice to watch the students having fun.

We also had a special assembly this week.  At the assembly, I was honored as the "Teacher of the Year" with some special gifts.  Mrs. Moran, our incredible art teacher, and my students presented me with an AMAZING table that was painted by Mrs. Moran with some help of the students.  Thank you all so much....I will treasure it forever!!



Also, at our assembly we said goodbye to our secretary of 33 years, Mrs. Fiebig.  She has been so supportive and helpful over the years to so many of us.  We will miss her dearly.

As a final word, I would like to wish all of the families of my students the very best of summers.  I wish much success to my students.  I know they are all going to go on and be successful third graders and beyond.  Please come back to see me, and remember.......no monkeying around!!!!